The Foundation Routes of the Olive Tree (OTR) participates as an associated partner in the project, whose aim is the joint development of strategies and pilot actions for the valorisation of the more important agricultural products of the participating regions.
The overall objective of the project is the joint development of strategies and pilot actions that will contribute to the completion of agri-food chains capable of utilising and making more competitive the key products of the two regions. It also aims to increase food quality and safety levels, while respecting the principles of sustainable development.
The specific objective of the project Cluster Servagri Italy-Tunisia is to restructure the cross-border olive oil sectors by strengthening an economic cluster of high quality conventional/organic/standardised olive oil in order to encourage production, standardisation and marketing in line with international standards.
The project aims to establish:
- better knowledge and skills
- strengthening contacts and partnerships
- concrete and visible results
In the medium term, the results concern:
- search and reinforcement of actions to improve quality standards
- restructuring, strengthening and developing networks of SMEs and business organisations based on quality
- implementation of agreements aimed at marketing quality olive oils
- Creation of a cross-border cultural route ‘Route of the Olive Tree’
- INAT Tunis Region, Nabeul, Monastir, Sousse, Kairouan
- Institut Olivier-Sousse
- Region of Sousse, Monastir, Kairouan
- AAGR Districts of Palermo, Catania, Syracuse, Ragusa
- APO Provinces of Catania, Syracuse and Ragusa
- UTAP Region of Tunis
- CIHEAM-IAMM International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies – Mediterranean Agronomic Institute Montpellier (France)
- Agenzia per il Mediterraneo Scarl (Italy)
- IRVO Istituto Regionale del Vino e dell’Olio (Italy)
- Cultural Foundation ‘Routes of the Olive tree’