Associated Members are the points of interest of the Cultural Route “Routes of the Olive Tree”.
As described in the Statutes, as Points of interest /Associate Members are classified structures without distinction of size or legal status, open to the public, that are located in olive-growing areas and manage, work or are in connection with the olive growing world, the landscape of olive groves, the history, traditions and civilization of the Mediterranean, like:
Olive tree or Soap museums / Ancient or contemporary Olive oil mills / Millenary olive groves / Traditional farms / Landscapes of unique natural beauty or historical importance / Model Agricultural associations / Rural Tourism Units / Soap making units / Traditional artisans / Artists / Historical monuments / Archaeological spaces / Religious buildings of historical importance / Research centres / Institutes / Educational institutions / Innovative initiatives / Accommodation structures in olive tree landscapes etc.
Benefits of associated members:
The referenced structures as Points of interest /Associate Members of the “Routes of the Olive Tree” Network:
- Are part of The Council of Europe’s Cultural Route «The Routes of the Olive Tree»
- Benefit from a dedicated article on our social networks bringing them referencing and visibility
- May have access to the expertise of the staff of the Foundation in terms of the valorisation of the material and intangible heritage olive oil, as well as to the library of the Foundation gathering a considerable number of publications on the olive tree
- Access the Routes of the Olive Tree’s network, spread throughout the olive tree regions
The selected associate members will:
- Be member of a network that is the bearer of the Cultural Itinerary of the Council of Europe, also recognized by UNESCO as the Itinerary of Sustainable Development, Dialogue and Peace between the Peoples of the Mediterranean
- Be referenced (name of the structure, address, opening hours, reference to the website of the structure) on the map of the Routes of the Olive Tree on the Foundation’s website
- Be highlighted on the Foundation’s website and Facebook page
- Have priority and reduced prices for participation in seminars of the Foundation’s Training Programme
The selected Associate Members shall:
- Place a plaque/sign indicating the certification of the structure as a point of interest of the “Routes of the Olive Tree”, Cultural Route of the Council of Europe" bearing the logos as described in the Graphic Charter in force
- Use the logo of the “Routes of the Olive Tree” in accordance with the indications of the Foundation’s Graphic Charter, which is annexed to this document in the brochures, roll-up, etc. identifying the structure
- Cooperate with the responsible coordinators of the Route to contribute to its visibility and also for further promotion of the structure
- Undertake to keep the Foundation informed of any change in management that may affect its sustainability in its territory of establishment
- Undertake to keep the Foundation informed of any change of address or other change that may affect the listing of the structure on the Foundation’s website
Procedure for Adhesion to the "Routes of the Olive Tree" Network:
To become part of the "Routes of the Olive Tree" network as a Point of Interest / Associate Member, the interested structures should complete the "Associated Member Application Form" with information on the structure / point of interest, the area in which it is located, etc.
* In some cases, an on-site visit by our representatives may be necessary to evaluate the point of interest. Expert travel costs are covered by the applicant and the cost of the evaluation of the structure from our Foundation
Associate Members do not pay annual membership fees but they undertake to cooperate with us for the visibility of the Route through the organization of an event (e.g. an information day about the Cultural Route “Routes of the Olive Tree” or a workshop for children or a tasting of olive products or etc.), publication of articles and news on the website and social medias of the structure dedicated to the “Routes of the Olive Tree”, the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe etc.
Structures that are points of interest of the Route are displayed in all available media of the Foundation «Routes of the Olive Tree" and become points of reference for olive tree civilisation to the general public in their area. The inclusion of a monument or structure in the Cultural Route ""Routes of the Olive Tree" contributes to their international prominence and promotion, enhances the prospects for sustainable development in the region and encourages intercultural dialogue...